Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thy will be done

How many times do I agree to submit to God's will?

      "Thy will be done"

And how many times do I prayerfully ask what it is?  I mean, seriously..... I think most times, I try to figure things out on my own.... and then go forward like I know what I am doing!

And then..... when I DO ask....  how many times do I  - respectfully - try to change things because I need to be in control?  Or because I don't like the answer...

I KNOW that God knows what is best for me.   I don't just believe it - I know it.   So why, oh why, do I try so hard to take charge of my own life?

I think I need to learn that the very BEST way to STAY in control of my own life is to submit.... ooh, there is that nasty word..... SUBMIT to God's will.   To be loving when treated badly, to be understanding when the world hurts me, to be strong and faithful when the world is rocking around me.

 Dear God, help me to trust in you.  Help me to LET GO of the things that worry me and confuse me and focus instead on trusting in You.  Help me rest in your love and care so I can reflect that love and care to those around me.  Help me take charge of my life by trusting You to take care of me and my needs when potential problems arrive.  Thank you for helping me trust and believe even when I have trouble understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment