Sunday, March 22, 2015

#1. Jesus Is Condemned to Death

Jesus,

  I cannot even imagine what you must have been feeling.  Totally innocent, totally pure, totally loving... and totally betrayed.



Standing in front of all those officials.... and a crowd of onlookers... you were all alone.  No one came with you.  None of your friends.  None of the people who swore they believed in you.
You were alone in your pain.
 






Condemned to death for the crime of loving us.  Everything was bleak and frightening.  Were you thinking of your cousin John at that moment?  Remembering what happened to him?





Fully divine and fully human..... did you know what would happen next on this journey you were embarking on?  What love you must have for us to keep going!  You could have stopped the whole process at any moment... but you allowed it to play out because you loved us and trusted the Father.





Dear Jesus, 
I can never thank you enough for what you did to save me.
Help me be strong enough and brave enough to stay on the path the Father has set for me....
just like you did.

Amen!


#2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross

5 comments:

  1. Amen... Thank you Kay for this wonderful yet solemn meditation...and Thank you JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chills as I read this, where are these stations? Is it always there? Was it just there the year you posted it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this is just a beautiful nature walk called Jockey's Ridge in the Outer banks of North Carolina with stops along the way to point out wildlife or different aspects of the nature preserve. I walked it in March and it reminded me of the Stations of the Cross. These were my thoughts and photos of the walk.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for clarifying this Kay, makes me wonder if in fact something like this exists.

    ReplyDelete