Tuesday, March 24, 2015

#3 Jesus Falls for the First Time


I am beginning to feel chilled out here on the sand.

My bare feet are finding all the cockleburrs.. OUCH!

The wind is whipping my hair around... and my stomach is starting to growl.

How small my discomforts are - but how big to me!



Poor Jesus, cruelly beaten with blood running down your body.

You must have been so weak and exhausted.

That cross was so heavy... and you fell under its weight.





Did the crowd around you laugh?

Did they mock you?

Make fun of your weakness?

Or were they silent in horror at what was happening to you?



How did you manage to get back up again?

Your love for us was so great that you struggled back up and kept moving along the way.

 The outlook was so bleak for you... your strength was unbelievable.






Jesus,

   Getting up again after you fell..... the struggle to keep that human body moving... your accomplishment makes my little discomforts seem so petty.  Yet we know you care about every little thing we go through.  You can overlook your own experiences and love us right where we are.   Help me overlook MY experiences and love others right where THEY are.

Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Loving others is not always easy, judging them comes naturally; though we must keep trying.

    ReplyDelete