Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Full Moon

For the past week or so, we have had the most beautiful full harvest moon.

The other night I was looking at it and commented to my husband about how gorgeous it was.

He proceeded to tell me how close the moon was to the earth at that moment.  Something about the orbit of the moon around the earth and that it would not be this close again for many years.  He gave me all the pertinent details - which as you can see - didn't stick :-)

I just saw the moon.

What is such a gift is that we are so very different in the way we think.  I become a better person because my mind has to stretch to meet his!  And vice-versa..


Dear God

Thank you for the people in my life!  Thank you for all of those who keep me thinking and learning and questioning about your world.  And at the same time, I want to thank you for my own unique perspective.  It is incredible how different each of us really is - how individually you created each of us.  It is not easy to have enough confidence in my own point of view that I can reach over communication barriers to try to understand where others are coming from.  Help me to appreciate the differences in myself and in others even when it becomes difficult to communicate!

AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. Just read in another blog that it is called a 'Super Moon' when it gets close to earth like that and the last time it happened was about 18 years ago!

    Still love a full moon :)

    ReplyDelete