Monday, March 28, 2011

Is Your Heart Open?

Have you ever noticed that when you are open to something.... you begin to notice it all around you?

An example would be a new word.  I know that when I hear a word that I've never heard before... all of a sudden, I hear it everywhere.

Even a really weird word.... I really noticed it not to long ago when I learned the word "bloviate".  I remembered the word because it means to talk on and on and on in a very pompous manner.  When I heard the word, I immediately thought of someone who bloviates (a lot of politicians qualify!)

But what was funny... was that within a few days, I heard the word in a conversation, I heard it on television, and I read it in a book.   And I swear I had never heard the word before.... but I know I have because the show I heard it on, I had seen several times before.

It makes me think that perhaps I should DECIDE what I want to find in my life.... and simply be open to it.   Like kindness.... or goodness in people.... or happiness.

Dear God,

   If I really trust in you, then I have to know that you want all good things for me.  You love me and want me to be happy.  Help me open my heart and my mind to that loving kindness.  Help me stop being suspicious and cynical.... and simply enjoy the people around me and be part of your plan.

Please help me see the love you show me every day.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment