Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why Can't They Make Their Kids Behave?

You've seen them.  THAT family!  There are a ton of them... they take up a whole pew.  And they have too many children.... who will NOT be still.  Why can't they make their kids behave?

Those little ones.... crawling all around... under the seats.... up and over all the adults.  The older ones fidgeting.... eating cheerios... arguing over crayons... telling each other what to do...

You've seen them!  They have interrupted your solitary time with God.... they've made it impossible to listen to the sermons..  Heavens.... you can't even follow along with the music... you can barely manage to hear the message the presider is imparting!



Okay - you can stop now....  did you SEE the littlest one rescue his grandmother's reading glasses from under the pew?   Did you SEE the quick hug the mom and child shared as he was climbing over her?   Did you HEAR those little voices praising God while they tried to figure out the lyrics they couldn't read?  Did you notice that the noisy 'FIGHTING over crayons' was really noisy 'SHARING of crayons'?

Did you once.... just ONCE... come out of your annoyance to NOTICE any of this?  Consider...perhaps the sermon you were distracted from..... was not the message God was sending to YOU personally :-)

Dear God,
     Help me to be tolerant of others.  When I am angry or annoyed, please help open my eyes and my heart to truly see what you want me to see!  Too often, I judge others by my own standards.... and I forget that You ask me to use YOUR standards!  Jesus wouldn't be harsh or critical of the children... EVER!  Jesus saw the truth without judging.... I want to be like that.   Thank you for loving all of us anyway!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment