Thursday, November 19, 2015

We have to choose.... Jesus... or Fear.

I do not understand

how mean

people get when they are afraid.

All reason goes out the window.


But Scripture is clear.

Fear is Satan's tool.

Over and over, we are told

"Do not be afraid."

And it is clear by the behavior of our leaders,
By the ranting on social media
And by our lessons in history

That when fear is rampant.
people cannot

act like Jesus.

I cannot extend a helping hand if my arms are up guarding myself and my property.
I cannot go forth and love

if I am afraid I will be hurt.

It doesn't make sense to vilify an entire people or religion
for the crazy acts of a few.
But that is what we hear over and over.

"Do not be afraid."

If I say I am Christian
that I follow Jesus
My belief system demands that I love.

Without fear.

And the fear part?  THAT is MY attitude - also known as Satan.
My fear needs to get out of the way

so I can be like Jesus. 

He would not be afraid

Scripture is clear
He would not turn away refugees because he fed and healed them
He would not make refugees take a religious test because he never did that.
He would not stir people up and make them angry and more afraid because that behavior leads people to evil..... Jesus calmed and loved.

I think... that if I truly want to live like Jesus

I have work to do.


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment! I think we are all a bit unnerved right now

    ReplyDelete