Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Little Light

At church the other day.... we had a prayer service that truly touched my heart.   There was a large candle burning in the darkened worship space.  Each person present was to light a small candle and set it on the altar.

It started with one small candle.... joined by another.... and another.... until there was a large tray filled with these small lit candles.  The room was no longer dark :-) 

That image stayed with me and got me to thinking about my own little light.... my own small efforts in my corner of the world.... little things that seem insignificant when I do them... like a note to a friend to cheer or encourage (okay, the truth is that FROM ME it is probably an email!)...  the pot of soup I make for my husband because it is his favorite (and not mine).. or even simply a smile!

Small insignificant actions.... one little light.... but when you add MY little light to YOUR little light... and we are joined by ANOTHER little light.... WOW!  Before you know it, we have a bonfire of kindnesses :-)



Dear God,

        Work through me!   Please help me take the light and goodness that you give me... and share it!  Help me remember that there are NO insignificant kindnesses.   My little light is my little way to praise you!   When we do small things in your name, they become BIG ways to glorify you.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment