Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I need Jesus

I need Jesus.   Yes, I really do.

I like to study other religions because I feel that most of humanity is seeking God.  And I believe that, while we have the tools in Scripture, that we do NOT have all the understanding.  So, as people,  we study and we learn.  There are many paths to understanding what is right in front of us.  And most of the world's great religions believe in a higher power... in good morals... in peace... all good stuff we can agree on.

But the more I study, the more I find that I need Jesus.  Me personally.  I need a God that comes right down here to me.  I need to know that God understands what it means to be human.  And to think that God..... MY God...... actually CHOSE to become part of the human story...... to walk the earth and be abused and killed by the people he created... and then rise again to give us a new life.. .well, that is downright mind-boggling.

But it gives me a God that I can relate to.  A God I can aspire to.. a God I can believe in.



Dear God, thank  you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!  You have given me the greatest gift by sharing the human experience with me.  You chose to live a simple life and die a horrific death... simply to rescue me from myself.   This is a sacrifice... a gift.. that I can barely comprehend... but I am most utterly grateful.. and can never repay you.  All I have to give is my gratitude and my faith.  And it is YOURS.

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment