Wednesday, April 1, 2015

# 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross



And now the time for your execution has come.

You are at the end.



    The Roman soldiers put your body on that cross you carried

    Everyone is in a hurry to make sure you die before sundown so the people can get on with their holy feast so they nail your feet together.




    What were you thinking as they manhandled you?

    And then the inhuman spikes driven through your limbs




    Did you hear the thieves beside you being fastened to their crosses?

    Was all the noise a blur because of the shock to your body?




    Oh Jesus,

      I am not strong enough to even think of a way that I might be able to allow someone to nail me to a cross.  If it happened to me, it would not be voluntary... and I think I would probably be in enough shock that I would miss some of the cruelty.  But you didn't miss any of it, did you?  Being God, you were aware of everything.  And you let it happen so that you could share our story with us.  Thank you for loving us so much that you became one of us.  Help me to understand the love that is so great that it would allow me to put myself last for the good of others.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment