Thursday, April 2, 2015

#12 Jesus Dies on the Cross



This is it, Jesus.

Mid-afternoon on that terrible day

I am tired from my early walk and I am hungry.  My stomach churns as I contemplate what has happened to you.




It all comes down to right here, right now.

Where are your friends, Jesus?  Are you thinking of them?




Do you wonder if they will believe in you after you are killed?

Do you feel the despair that would fill any of us?




Of course you did.  The solitude of despair is part of the human condition

The world stopped as you breathed your last breath




Jesus,

  Did anyone there that day really know what was happening?  Their savior was killed.  The Romans and the high priest would be looking for your friends.  When you died, your followers were lost.  Everything they believed in, everything they thought about you, came crashing down around their heads.  What happened that day was beyond their understanding.... just like it is now for us.  Incomprehensible love.  Help me to love when I don't understand what is happening to me!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment