Friday, March 27, 2015

#6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus



By now, blood and sweat were dripping down your face.  

That crown of thorns was cruelly stabbing your head.  

You felt so depleted.





    A woman in the crowd offered you all she had... her veil.. and wiped your face.

    She couldn't stop the proceedings.. she couldn't help you. 



    But she could do was step forward to show she had love and compassion for you.
    She might even have been shoved back by soldiers or others in the crowd simply for coming forward.

    Even though all looked lost, she bravely showed her love and faith anyway.



    Early writings suggest that she was the woman who believed in you enough to know that she would be healed if she only touched your garment.





    Dear Jesus,

             I want to believe like Veronica.  I do believe that I will be healed by you.  Sometimes I even KNOW it.  But sometimes in the darkness of my heart, I doubt.  Sometimes I despair.  If my belief is true and strong, like Veronica's, there can be no doubt or despair..... just FAITH.  Help me believe when that belief makes no sense.... when the world is crashing down around me.... when happiness and joy look impossible.  Help me be like Veronica, stepping forward to help you in any way that I can.... making this world a better place.

    Amen!


      No comments:

      Post a Comment