Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pride

There are many reflections that almost didn't get published.

They aren't polished.

They are often 'off the cuff'.

Sometimes I get an idea.... and I want a scripture verse to go with it.  And I get this whole idea going on - the reflection is almost written.... and I can't find the verse I thought was there.  So I try to set it aside and wait for the verse.

Do you know what happens next?

No more ideas.

Nada.

Zilch.

Until I give up the idea of 'finishing it'.
Until I give up the idea of 'making it perfect'.
Until I get over MY PRIDE and let it go the way it is.

God works through my weaknesses.
God doesn't want me to wait.
God wants me to share his glory.

NOW.
However it turns out.... God is pleased.


Dear God
        ..... Help me get over myself.  Help me 'tune in to you' and drop my own personal agenda.  "Perfect" is not what you ask from us.  "Faith" and "Constancy" is what you cherish.  Help me remember that if you wanted us perfect - you would have created us that way.  It is the choice that I make.... every day.... to try to walk in your footsteps..... THAT CHOICE is what you ask for.  NO MATTER what it looks like.

Just me.

That's what you want.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. :) absolutely!!! "perfect" post never happen! Maybe because we are not "perfect" but unique just as God intends!!! Be blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete