Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Child of the King!

As a child of God..... if I believe it... I am royalty.

No matter where I live....

No matter how I feel...

No matter what tasks lie before me.... whether it be leading troops into battle... or cleaning a toilet...

No matter what...

I am royalty.

And so are you....

Which means

We are setting examples...

that there is no room in our royal  lives

For whining and complaining....

For gossip and petty thoughts...

For unkindness or laziness..

Wow...



Dear God,
       After I ponder this thought for a while, I am also filled with self-doubt and denial.  Please strengthen me!  I know that I am your child..... but I don't often think about the royal duties that come with it.  I only know that by myself, I am inadequate to the task.  Please strengthen me!  I am responsible for helping to build your Kingdom...right here ....right now...   I am special.... but also filled with responsibility.  

Help me to remember - as I go about my day - all day - that I am Your child..... the child of a King....

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment