Sunday, February 26, 2012

Half Loaf

The other day, I was talking with a woman who had been given a gift.

When I mentioned how thoughtful the giver was, she pursed her lips and told me how they wouldn't do something else.

The details aren't important.  The words were.

The words and facial expression said....

"What I was given was not enough (or right or whatever)"

I wondered if that was true.... if she really meant it.

The first thing that popped into my head was the old adage.... 'HALF LOAF is better than NONE."

Was she truly ungrateful or was she merely in the throes of a negative habit? 

I don't know.... but the effect was the same.

Her (probably unconscious) actions placed her (and me) in a negative place of ungratefulness.

How many times do I receive an offering from someone..... and I respond ungratefully?  I am not an ungrateful person..... I don't think.... am I?


Dear God,
           Please open my eyes and ears to the many gifts and blessings that I receive every day.  Open my heart by helping me SHARE your abundant grace by SHOWING my gratitude for what others (and YOU) give me.

Help me grow a grateful heart, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Good thought this Sabbath morning...( or any morning really!) ....worst than being ( or seeming to be) ungrateful....is to miss the blessings given entirely when we weren't paying atttention! ....be blessed! ♥

    ReplyDelete