Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sharing

I was reading a bit the other day about how important it is to share your gifts.

And I get it.

I love to share.... and I love to give.

But I got to thinking about WHAT I am sharing.

I do like to do for others...

But am I cheerful about it?

In my day to day, am I kind and cheerful

Or is my norm a little more grumbling.....

or perhaps a bit martyred even....

I mean, shouldn't these people I am giving to

understand that I COULD be somewhere else...

reading, or crocheting, or doing something more important to ME?

I don't want to be selfish - but I get into such bad habits that I don't even realize sometimes that I am grumbling.

Dear God,
  Help me to be careful in the way I do things.  I do want to give.  But I want to share my talents and energy in a cheerful way.  What use is my gift if I begrudge it?

And, mundane though it is, doing laundry, preparing meals, cleaning up after animals and people..... well, those ARE my daily GIFTS..... not chores - GIFTS!

Please help me go about these tasks so that my family feels loved....

Help me share a positive viewpoint and good attitude!


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment