Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Covenant of Love

Covenant (defined by Merriam-Webster): a usually formal, solemn, and binding agreement

To me, a promise..... a contract...

Willingly entered with mutual respect and understanding

Love

plays a large part in this contract - covenant

Like a marriage, it must be love

NOT fear

that makes us WANT to comply

Fear cannot be the WHY of convenant-compliance





God,

you promised that you would be my parent.

And I promised I would be your child.

Like a child.... an 'oh so rebellious' child, I cannot keep a covenant with you out of fear.  I must test the boundaries.... but I come back to your law of love.

Like a parent.... an everlasting loving parent, you cannot keep a covenant with me out of anger.  You must extend your love to keep me close.

It takes both of us to keep this covenant, day in and day out.

Thank you, God, for opening each of my days with a promise to love me!


No comments:

Post a Comment