Friday, March 9, 2012

By Myself

Woo-hoo!!  I am so excited!  Look at what I did!

I know... it's great!

I am the best!  I am the coolest!  And I did it myself!

You ARE the best.... AND the coolest, for sure!

And I did it myself!

And you did a lot of it

Wait just a minute..... NO ONE was around to help me!  NO ONE came forward at all!  This is MY accomplishment!

You had no help at all?

Are you saying I didn't do it myself?

No, but I do think you might reconsider the thought that no one helped you....

Who was there, then?  Besides you, of course....

Of course.

Well?  Okay then.. I appreciate your help - but you already know that.  I'm just feeling quite accomplished right now.

I know you are grateful to me.  You do tell me all the time.  I appreciate that about you.

So what then?  Who else helped me?

Well, let me ask you.... do you live alone?

What kind of question is that?  You know I don't live alone.  I live with a husband, two sons and a bunch of 4-legged creatures.  But they didn't help me.

Do you have any friends?

Of course I have friends.... both close friends and acquaintances.  But they didn't help with this either.  What are you getting at?

Do you have any close communities of people?

A few.... different groups that I am a member of.... but I am telling you... NO ONE came forward to help.

So here is the thing... what DO these people do for you?

For me?  Well, they accept me - many of them.. and some of them love me...  I guess several are appreciative of me and the things I do.  BUT NO ONE helped me.

Did anybody have to move their needs over so you could do this thing?

What do you mean?

Well, like your husband... you have certain things you do for him.... did you skip some of those so you could do your thing?  

Well... yes, twice I asked him to just get leftovers so I could work on this project.,.. but that is no biggie.  He doesn't mind.

And, if I remember correctly, he offered to fix you something too, didn't he?

Okay - but I didn't want what he offered... does that count?

And your kids.... didn't they do a little extra too... so you could work on this project?

Just a few errands - but they're supposed to help!

I know.  What about your friends?  Did you tell anyone about this project?

A few of them....

And were they supportive of your work?

Yes, of course they were... but I still did it by myself!  Are you saying I didn't?

I don't think I said that.

What are you saying?  That I don't deserve the credit?

I didn't say that either.

But I'm not all by myself then.... is that it?  So I did it myself.... but the real question is: would I have been ABLE to do it by myself without these people that are around me NOT DOING my project?

Exactly.

So now I'm ungrateful?  That's weird.

Is it?

No, not really.  I DO deserve the credit.... but I DO need to remember that YOU connected all of us.  Without YOU and without each other, none of us can accomplish anything.... is that it?

**smile**

You know, God, sometimes talking to you is hard.

You know, Katy, sometimes talking to you is hard too.

Just don't stop, okay?

Back at you.


1 comment:

  1. :) AMEN....LOVE 'listening in' on these conversations! Point noted.....THANKS! ♥

    ReplyDelete