Saturday, April 2, 2011

In gratitude

I can't wait to go to church tomorrow.

I was sick last week and couldn't go....

and I missed my friends.

AND I missed the service.

I missed all the little things that went into putting the service together.  All the invisible and not so invisible pieces and parts that so many contribute.

When I think of Sunday services..... I naturally think of my pastor and I thank him for the gifts he shares.

But I also want to give a great big THANK YOU to all the people who make my Sunday service meaningful.

You know - they are in your church too.... the choir, of course..... but all the greeters and readers too... the youth who help out... and those who work with the children....  all the 'behind the scenes' workers.. people who clean the worship space and do the flowers and art...  and print up the worship aides....  and all the people I have forgotten...

And then there are the ones who COME!  Who listen and sing and pray with me....

I thank you all for making my worship more meaningful!

Dear God,
     Please extend your loving hand in blessing right now over the members of all your congregations and their families.  Please give them all a great night's rest and help them be excited and ready to gather with me tomorrow to worship you! 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment