Monday, April 4, 2011

Challenge!

Over and over again, we read in the scriptures..

that Jesus had a special love for the lost...

for the searching...

for those who didn't know him...

He searched long and hard for the lost ones.

He left the ones who were safe and went out looking for the lost.

What does this mean for us and our love?

Why do we shy away from people who think differently than we do?  Is it because we are frightened of others' beliefs?  But WHY would we be frightened unless we are unsure of our OWN beliefs? 

Are we afraid that exposure to the thinking of others would shake our OWN faith structure?

Shouldn't we spend some of our love for those who don't know him?
Don't we realize that we are the only gospel some people ever get to experience?


Dear Jesus,
  Help me to spread your love around my little corner of the world.  Help me reach out to those I do not understand and offer them the same respect and caring that you do.  You never forced anyone to see your point.  You just loved.  Help me rise to your challenge of love!  Help me go forward away from the familiar... knowing that I am secure in your love and my belief in you. 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment