Thursday, December 25, 2014

On the First Day of Christmas,

.. my true love gave to me

a partridge in a pear tree.

According to legend, the partridge represents Jesus.

And I had to ask why God, my true love, would offer me a partridge as Jesus.

A female partridge protects her chicks.  She will do anything to lead predators away from her chicks.... even put herself at risk pretending to be injured.

So, God, I understand.

You will do anything to protect and save me.

Even give your only son to the world to destroy on a cross.


Dear God,
     I love.  I truly do love with all my heart and being.  But while I say I understand - with a mother's heart, I cannot honestly comprehend giving my child over to be killed.  Not for any reason.

      This is a mystery to me.  How could you love me SO MUCH that you could do that?  There is so much I do not understand.

But I CAN understand the love a partridge shows toward her chicks.   And I CAN think of your unbelievable love for me when I see this symbol of the season.

I am grateful, God... I really am.  And I do believe.  Thank you so much for loving me in my incomprehension of your ways.  Help me to be the person you want me to be... to be worthy of the attention you give me every day.   Amen


1 comment:

  1. THE GREAT MYSTERY...'For God SO LOVED the world....US!!!! Blessed New Year ahead!

    ReplyDelete