Friday, December 26, 2014

On the Second Day of Christmas

... My true love gave to me..

        TWO turtledoves....
AND a partridge in a pear tree.

Turtledoves are used over and over again in the Bible.... symbolically they are pure.  They were used by many as gifts to YOU.  And they appear in pairs.

In the song, they represent the TWO books of the Bible, the Old and New Testaments.

Sacred texts given to us where God is revealed to us.
Sacred texts given to us to help us learn how to live.

Dear God,

There is much in this world I do not understand.
Even much in these sacred texts that I do not understand for they often seem to conflict. 
 
But I do understand love.  The imagery of two doves..now at Christmas... and every day.. reminds me of love.

And you are love.

So many people claim to be experts on these two testaments of yours... but their interpretations are not loving.

And you are love.

So if what I read or hear about you does not reflect love

then there is something wrong with an interpretation or with my understanding

for you are the ULTIMATE LOVE

my TRUE LOVE.  Amen

1 comment: