Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jan 1, 2012

 One of the readings today was one I particularly wanted to share as we begin this new year....

I think it is an fantastic way to begin a new year :

"The LORD bless you and keep you!

The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you!

The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!"

 These verses from the book of Numbers... where God tells Moses what to tell Aaron so that Aaron would know how to bless the Israelites... remind me that God will always guide me if I keep coming back to him with questions.  Moses talked to God a lot... and he often acted like he was pretty clueless.  Like me half the time.

But God took the time to tell Moses what to do... in words of one syllable... so that it was really clear.  God loves us dearly.  And God doesn't care if we mess up.  God wants us to come back and ask questions.  God wants us to trust.

So here I am... trusting.... and I want to bless those who are reading now..

Until next time:


"The LORD bless you and keep you!

The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you!

The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!"


(from Numbers 6:22-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment